Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $15.00 per hour
1. a. Associate degree or higher degree; or
b. 60 semester hours of college/university; or
c. Knowledge and ability to assist in instruction in core subjects as verified by a rigorous state or local assessment.
The substitute teacher performs the instructional and classroom management duties for teachers who are absent from their regular classroom assignment. Their duties include taking attendance, explaining homework, and maintaining classroom cleanliness. Candidates must hold an associate degree or successfully complete 60 semester hours of college coursework to be considered.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities:
- Adhering to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Following procedures and achieving lesson goals.
- Assigning and explaining homework.
- Overseeing students outside of the classroom, including in the hallways and cafeteria.
- Always complying with all school regulations and policies.
- Taking attendance and documenting daily notes.
- Ensuring the classroom and workstations are kept clean and orderly.
- Overseeing the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compiling a report for the teacher for when they return.
Please send your resume to:
Executive Assistant to Superintendent, Taryn Bellflower at email@example.com