School Bookkeeper Job Opening
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three (3) years experience as a bookkeeper or accounting clerk.
3. Word Processing and other software experience.
4. Computer and peripheral skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping principles and methods and their application to work situations. Working knowledge of personal computers. Skill in the use of office equipment. Knowledge of rules and regulations controlling budgetary, internal record keeping activities and contract procedures. Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion. Ability to organize and prioritize. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
REPORTS TO: Principal
To provide responsible, independent bookkeeping procedures in maintaining
all accounting records of the assigned school.
1. Perform bookkeeping functions of internal accounts, school budget, and accounts payable.
2. Prepare, process and follow up on all purchase orders as authorized.
3. Assist with receiving and distributing merchandise resulting from purchase orders.
4. Receive and disburse monies from various accounts within the school’s internal accounts and maintain appropriate documentation.
5. Prepare, process and record all bank deposits and withdrawals.
6. Prepare school payroll as required.
7. Prepare appropriate materials and items for athletic events and/or other school activities as required.
8. Prepare and submit budget adjustments and amendments as needed.
9. Report injuries of staff (Worker’s Comp claims).
10. Manage facility use.
11. Serve as communication equipment contact.
12. Serve as “Keeper of the Keys.”
13. Perform receptionist/secretary duties on an as needed basis.
14. Complete other office duties as assigned.
15. Assist other office personnel with tasks as needed.
Inter / Intra-agency Communication and Delivery
1. Communicate effectively with students, staff, parents, community, and vendors.
2. Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
3. Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
4. Work closely with staff to ensure accurate and timely handling of district and internal accounts.
Employee Qualities / Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
2. Provide for a safe and secure workplace.
3. Model and maintain high ethical standards.
4. Follow attendance, punctuality and proper dress rules.
5. Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
6. Maintain positive relationships with students, parents, staff and vendors.
7. Participate in workshops and training sessions as required.
1. Compile data and prepare reports as necessary throughout the fiscal year.
2. Maintain all appropriate records needed for auditing purposes and provide assistance to auditors as needed.
3. Follow all School Board policies and procedures.
4. Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
5. Demonstrate support for the school district and its goals and objectives.
6. Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the district’s approved compensation plan.
Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the district.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
SALARY: $36,000 - $41,228.00 – based on experience
Please e-mail your Resume to Principal Jackie Pons at firstname.lastname@example.org