Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $45,000 - $55,000
Paid time off
Monday to Friday, On Call Nights & Weekends
Under the direction of the Facilities Director, supervises the day-to-day custodial & maintenance service operations at multiple sites. The Custodial & Maintenance Manager supervises the work of the custodial & maintenance staff to ensure a clean and safe environment for students and staff and compliance with applicable policies, standards, and regulatory agency codes. Coordinates immediate Facilities Management Services (maintenance and grounds) and responds to issues or events affecting facility operations and serves as the principal Facilities Management liaison on-site for external contractors and vendors. The Custodial & Maintenance Manager serves as a first-line supervisor in carrying out day-to-day operations for multiple facilities. This is distinguished from the District Facilities Director who is responsible for developing and administering district-wide custodial & maintenance services, operating policies, and procedures and providing district oversight to ensure standards are consistently applied at all facilities.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures compliance with standards and applicable regulatory codes to maintain a safe environment for students, staff, and faculty.
2. Supervises the Lead Custodial & Maintenance and custodial & maintenance staff for multiple facilities.
3. Identifies employee resources and expertise and utilizes employee experiences and skills to plan, schedule, assign and perform custodial & maintenance and other activities.
4. Meets with staff at the beginning and end of the assigned shift. Conducts ongoing training and custodial & maintenance inspections.
5. Maintains an accurate record of shift attendance and ensures that employee time sheets are properly filled out prior to submission to Facilities Director.
6. Works with leadership to coordinate essential support at special events, athletic activities, banquets, department moves or changes, and/or other applicable events that affect the assigned staffing.
7. Coordinates the resolution of problems associated with mechanical, plumbing, fire, life, and safety alarm systems, etc.
8. Participates in identifying, recommending, and implementing opportunities for improved custodial & maintenance services.
9. Requisitions services, supplies, equipment, and materials to ensure efficient operations of facilities. Monitors and maintains inventories.
10. Ensures that Service Requests are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and closed or referred to according to department procedures.
11. Designated as “essential” personnel and responds to calls at all hours. Responsible for assessing, reporting, and advising Facilities Director regarding the operational status of all campuses and centers during emergencies and extreme weather events.
12. May be called upon to lead and/or participate in department and facility committees.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Standard custodial & maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques.
Applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations.
Inventory management principles and practices.
Supervising subordinate staff.
Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes.
Monitoring and maintaining inventory.
Making minor repairs to building equipment and fixtures.
Understanding basic blueprints and schematics.
Resolving conflicts in an appropriate, constructive way.
Managing projects within assigned parameters.
Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment.
Implementing and monitoring policies, procedures, and workflow.
Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of students and staff.
Utilizing computer technology for communication and data gathering.
Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums; and
Working as part of a team for consistent delivery of custodial & maintenance services and to meet established standards.
Please e-mail your resume to
Jamaris Wilson at email@example.com