Payroll Clerk Job Opening
Jefferson County School District Position Classification Specification
Classification Title: Payroll Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position requires the regular exercise of independent discretion and judgment within defined policy parameters in area of specialty. Work follows specific procedures; however the incumbent may determine priorities, organize own work and occasionally make exceptions to procedures.
1. B.A. Degree or B.S. Degree with three years related experience; or
2. A.A. Degree with five years related experience; or
3. Vocational training (720 hours) with six years related experience; or High School diploma or equivalent with seven years related experience
4. Experience with Skyward School Management Software is preferred but not required.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate.
• Payroll Preparation - Compile and compute payroll for salaried staff, temporary and hourly workers, and teachers.
• Payment Issuance - Prepare checks. Initiate payment in the accounting system.
• Payroll Administration - Administer payroll policies and procedures. Answer questions and resolve problems of payroll preparers.
• Payroll Reports - Prepare various reports, including deduction registers and payroll costs allocations.
• Audit Programs - Develop and maintain internal audit programs for the various departments, programs and/or functions audited. May include more than a financial review.
• Internal Liaison - Liaison among departments, functions, groups, or schools within the district. Communicate information to appropriate personnel.
• Bookkeeping - Compile journal voucher entries, etc. Does not include departmental record keeping such as cost records.
• Report Preparation (Non-Board) - Prepare required reports. This does not include reports for the Board.
• Mail - Receive, stamp in, and/or distribute incoming correspondence and deliveries, handle outgoing mail, distribute in-house memos and supplies. Maintain mailboxes.
• Department Records - Maintain and control records. Includes logs, cost records, personnel records, rosters, and general records.
• Benefit Plan Administration - Assist employees in completing enrollment forms for all benefit programs. Answer employee questions. Compile and file reports.
• Correspondence - Prepare correspondence. Check for grammar and punctuation. May include translations.
• Document Processing - Complete and process applications or forms, excluding funded program items.
• Word Processing/Typing - Type forms, reports, memos, minutes, correspondence, newsletters, flyers and/or handbooks. Includes word processing and formatting forms.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently as needed.
Terms of Employment: 12 months
Email resume to Taryn Bellflower - email@example.com