Social Worker Job Opening
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,500.00 - $67,500.00 per year – depending on experience
Paid time off.
Monday to Friday
Public school – Jefferson County K12 School in Monticello, Florida
• Current Social Worker credentials/licensing are required for consideration.
• Ability to counsel students, parents, and staff, individually and in groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and skills of the IEP process.
• Knowledge and skills working with At-Risk students.
• Serve as a team member for programs as assigned.
• Participate in the development of curriculum with particular emphasis on social-emotional behaviors.
• Provide referral and pre-referral consultation.
• Support in the evaluation process to discover social-emotional needs and use the findings in the development of an FBA or functional behavior assessment or Behavioral Intervention Plan.
• Ensure that an effective treatment plan has been developed for each student served.
• Provide regular consultation to program staff and parents in matters pertaining to the social-emotional needs of students.
• Participate as a member IEP Team (Individualized Educational Planning Team) Maintain confidentiality.
• Provide appropriate documentation of programs of goals and objectives.
• Provide direct services to students and/or parents as described in the IEP.
• Establish time in a daily/weekly/monthly schedule for the purpose of:
- a. Conducting student evaluations.
- b. Providing direct services to children/youth.
- c. Providing direct services to families.
- d. Attending IEPT meetings.
- e. Participating in program development and in-service training activities.
• Maintain, prepare, and process the district’s required documentation, which includes but is not limited to the following: Program data, Medicaid, student count, etc.
• Maintain student records, student objectives, and security/inventory of equipment and materials according to identified system.
• Meet specific performance objectives developed jointly with immediate supervisor.
• Provide support to the local school district during crisis events/situations.
• Provide in-service education and serve as a consultant to teachers and school staff members on topics related to research-based practice in response to intervention, positive behavior support, and appropriate interventions.
• Maintain professional competence in the field which may include attending and participating in professional organizations, workshops, and conferences; reading professional journals and other related publications; and, completing additional coursework.
Please e-mail your resume to Jackie Pons at firstname.lastname@example.org &
Allyn Howard at email@example.com