Adult Education Teacher Job Opening
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
2. Valid Florida teacher certification in appropriate area.
3. Two (2) or more years of teaching experience preferred.
4. Computer literate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read, understand, and teach the Adult Education and Pre-General Education Development (GED) Preparation Curriculum Frameworks. Ability to relate to a cross-section of people on a professional and personal basis. Ability to work with community agencies. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with adults, students, parents, and the public. Knowledge of programs and agencies providing services to adults. Evidence of prior work with adults and/or struggling students. Ability to teach students in groups and follow lesson plans. Good computer skills. Must be compassionate. Ability to be flexible. Good organizational skills. Good oral and written.
Adult Education Coordinator
To provide basic literacy skills necessary for a student to become a successful
worker and/or citizen.
1. Facilitate Comprehensive Adult Basic Education instruction in one or more content areas of mathematics, language or reading.
2. Provide integrated educational experiences to prepare students for success by providing essential academic skills required for life and required to pass the Official GED Tests in the areas of language arts: writing, reading, mathematics, science, and social studies strands correlated to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.
3. Present topic-centered lessons that integrate benchmarks that best meet the student’s needs.
4. Develop activities to be presented either individually or in groups.
5. Collect and enter data to document learning gains or completion points.
6. Provide those adults with disabilities, who self-identify, accommodations as required by federal and state legislation.
Inter / Intra-agency Communication and Delivery
1. Assist public by answering routine questions, scheduling appointments and completing forms.
2. Answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Communicate effectively with public, co-workers, school personnel and administration.
4. Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
5. Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
6. Serve as liaison between adults and school personnel.
7. Collaborate with outside agencies to obtain necessary Adult Education Services.
Employee Qualities / Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
2. Model and maintain high ethical standards.
3. Follow attendance, punctuality, and proper dress rules.
4. Maintain confidentiality.
5. Demonstrate organizational skills by performing many tasks simultaneously.
6. Maintain positive relationships with co-workers, school personnel, parents and administration.
7. Participate in workshops and training sessions to keep up-to-date and enhance skills and knowledge.
8. Complete assignments with little or no supervision.
1. Assist schools and other departments as assigned.
2. Prepare all required reports and maintain all appropriate records.
3. Demonstrate support for adult education and school district goals and objectives.
4. Follow all School Board policies and school policies and procedures.
5. Exhibit the interpersonal skills necessary as an effective team member.
6. Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the district’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the district.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Please e-mail your resume to Kala Alexander at email@example.com